These are some of the most frequent IDIOMS we may use with “IMPRESSION”.
Be UNDER the IMPRESSION that = Tener la impresión de que…
- She seemed to be under the impression that the service was improving, but it wasn’t.
GET the IMPRESSION that = Tener la impresión de que…
- I’m getting the impression that the election won’t really change anything.
HAVE the IMPRESSION = Tener la impresión de que ….
- I have the impression you do not rely on the team.
MAKE an IMPRESSION ON smo = Causarle a alguien una buena impresión
- She has made an impression on most of the teachers.
MAKE a LASTING IMPRESSION ON / LEAVE a LASTING IMPRESSION = Dejar huella
- Meeting her made a lasting impression on all of us, we never forgot it.